Why Hire Me?
Engaging, effective copy.
Competitive rates and reasonable deadlines.
Easy to work with.
How to Hire Me
Here are the general terms and process I follow for most projects.
- Needs-assessment meetings are usually over the phone, often as a conference call with screen sharing.
- If the project sounds like a good fit, I’ll write a letter proposal to clarify scope of work, fee schedule, terms, and deadlines.
- Fees are quoted by project unless hourly work is required.
- Except for very small projects, fees are broken into three phases: start-up, progress, and completion.
- Supplemental materials (current and past marketing collateral, product documentation, competitor research and collateral, etc.) will be needed in hard copy before work begins. (You shouldn’t be paying me to print PDFs, after all … “we have people for that,” right?)
- All work includes two rounds of revisions. Hourly rates may apply for further edits.
- Comments and requests for changes must be turned around in timely fashion to meet our agreed deadlines.
- If the project should be cancelled after submission of the first draft, the completion fee will be due.
All basically industry-standard procedures. My rates are also in line with industry norms.